CBET Study Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CBET Study Forum

Meeting the needs of today's Biomedical Equipment Technician, this forum was designed to give you refresher training on subjects that may be found on the CBET exam.

Main PortalMain Portal  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Introducing ourselves.

Go down 
+15
tnagle
lilhunt25
1MReynoso
RichardF
aarmenta
jcjimenez
spinkik1
clstephenson
jjohnson
jboulter
hurst54
jnewell
DaveS
Greg Bales
Admin
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
RichardF

RichardF

Introducing ourselves. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introducing ourselves.   Introducing ourselves. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 12:57 am

Hi All

I'm Richard Fischer
I have been a licensed Electrician for 38 years working in the Central US wiring Hospitals and Assisted Living facilities.
I have an Associate degree in EE, and plan on moving that up to a Bachelors in Biomed.
I worked for PPG Biomedical as an Electronics Tech for 5 years calibrating and servicing patient monitoring equipment until they closed.
I also worked for Allied Signal Aerospace on and off under contract, or as an employee for several years, as an Avionics Tech for the General Aviation sector.
I've done enough traveling for work, and my wife and I want to settle down in one area now, so I am going for my CBET on my own in May 2010. I am using the Mometrix CBET Study Guide and Flashcards as a guide, then developing my own Full Color Flash Cards which I will share and ask you all to update.

I am looking for a CBET job near Lawrence, Ks

How do i put a file on here?
Back to top Go down
spinkik1

spinkik1

PostSubject: Re: Introducing ourselves.   Introducing ourselves. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 11:16 pm

Check with St. Lukes hospitals in KC, I saw a BMET position posted. And not too far from Lawrence either Smile
Back to top Go down
1MReynoso

PostSubject: Re: Introducing ourselves.   Introducing ourselves. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 9:11 am

Hello,

I'm an active duty BMET with the USAF stationed at Ramstein AB Germany. I'm scheduled to take the CBET test this May. I'm also leaving the Air Force this June to return to Boise, Idaho or where ever a decent paying job will have me.

I enjoy working on sterilizers and X-ray.

When I'm not working on equipment I'm all about running, rock climbing, and playing guitar.

Hello jnewell, jjohnson, Daves, hurst54, jboulter, and Greg Bales.
Back to top Go down
lilhunt25

lilhunt25

PostSubject: Re: Introducing ourselves.   Introducing ourselves. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 4:34 pm

Hello All, My name is Carlos. I have been working in the BMET field for 8 yrs. I have a BS in biological sciences. Im currently working as a BMET for the American Red Cross. I will be testing May 1, 2010. I sorry that Im late to find this forum and get involved but i look frwd to connecting and sharing info with you all. I have ordered the BMET secrets study material and flashcards off line and ive been studying since December for this major test. If it wasnt so late i would join the study groups and become premium member but test is 4wks away. I know my electronics backgroud is weak so im focusing on that alot. Ive worked as a BMET/ Lab tech most of my 8 yrs career out of college. I started as a Labtech in a hospital then found my way to the biomed field. The Redcross biomedical services divison deals with a relative small amount of biomed equipment compared to the hospital jobs but its challenging. alot of our work is now converting with IT so having a dual background in BMET/IT seems to be the way to go in my situation. GOODLUCK to you all and I maybe see someone in Memphis May 1st. Again GOODLUCK---
Back to top Go down
tnagle

tnagle

PostSubject: Re: Introducing ourselves.   Introducing ourselves. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 6:53 pm

Hello All,

I am Tim Nagle, I am the production manager for CTI Productions. I have been working with CTI since mid-2007. My background is in electronics and I ended up in the video production field through technical engineering at post production facilities in Los Angeles and then in Dallas. Naturally, with an interest in technology and electronics, CTI was a great fit for my skill set. It gives me the ability to do what I love, video production while staying involved in cutting edge technology.

I hope you all enjoy the forum and thanks for all your contributions. We have some cool things coming down the pike so stay tuned.
Back to top Go down
aejohnson7877

aejohnson7877

PostSubject: Re: Introducing ourselves.   Introducing ourselves. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 7:10 pm

Hi everybody, My name is Adam and I am a BMET in Tulsa, OK. I just recently graduated with a degree in Biomedical Electronics and am now working on dialysis equipment and reverse osmosis water treatment systems. I am hoping to take my certification exam in November. Just looking around to see if any of you on here have taken it yet and how it was. I currently have the AAMI practice exam on CD, but was wondering if there are any better study tools out there that you can recommend.
Back to top Go down
lilhunt25

lilhunt25

PostSubject: Re: Introducing ourselves.   Introducing ourselves. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 8:32 pm

welcome aboard Adam, alot of people on this forum are in prep to take the exam in May this yr and some november as well. Once u read around you will find out that having more resources to study from will give you an better opportunity to pass the test. Go ahead and join as a preminum member so u can access all the videos and sample quesitons on this site. I just joined like 2 wks ago but the information is great and the networking is good as well. I also have flashcards that helps my study techniques as well.i have the mometrix study guide if you want it i can email that to you and also PM me i would like to see can i get a copy of the AAMI practice CD that you have. Im sure there is a way we can help each other.

PM me or email me at lilhunt25@hotmail.com-- TTLY

Carlos
Back to top Go down
aejohnson7877

aejohnson7877

PostSubject: Re: Introducing ourselves.   Introducing ourselves. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 9:30 pm

I will e-mail that program to you tonite. Let me know if it works or not, and I will take anything you have to help study. I appreciate the help and I think that I will get that premium membership.
Back to top Go down
tnagle

tnagle

PostSubject: Re: Introducing ourselves.   Introducing ourselves. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 11:42 am

Welcome Adam! CTI is launching a 150 question practice test next Friday. This will be available on the e-Store at www.ctiproductions.com/store along with all of the other products. The test will be $25 for standard members but I believe there will be a newsletter coming out today with a special offer for the premium members.

On the non-CTI side, I know there are flash cards for purchase from a few vendors out there. A search should get you in the zone. Also, BMETWiki.org is a great source of information.

All the best,
Tim
Back to top Go down
lilhunt25

lilhunt25

PostSubject: Re: Introducing ourselves.   Introducing ourselves. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 12:25 pm

Thanks for the info tnagle i look frwd to gettting that practice test- Hopefully they will post messages once the test becomes available---
Back to top Go down
Jknight3174

PostSubject: Re: Introducing ourselves.   Introducing ourselves. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 10:23 pm

My name is Jason Knight. I’m 28 years old and it’s taken me a while to find out what I want to be when I grow up. I’m currently living in Murfreesboro, TN which is just East of Nashville.

I joined the USAF after high school and went into working on F-16s. This was fun for a while but I knew it wasn’t where I wanted to be.

I got out of the military and moved to Tennessee to pursue music. I went to SAE Institute in Nashville for Audio Engineering. This was a dream job but I found out that I enjoy it more as a hobby than making a living doing it.

I’m currently in school at MedVance Institute for Biomedical Equipment Technology. I have one year left before I graduate and I’m really starting to dig in to prepare for my CBET certification. I’m doing a work study at the VA hospital in Murfreesboro, TN.

I’m really hoping to learn everything I can and contribute back to the world of biomed.

Thank you for letting me join.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Jknight5110
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Introducing ourselves.   Introducing ourselves. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 1:42 am

Welcome to the forum Jknight3174, we hope that we can be helpful in the pursuit of your certification efforts.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cbetstudyforum.com
TLPrice

TLPrice

PostSubject: Re: Introducing ourselves.   Introducing ourselves. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 5:26 pm

Hello,

My name is Tanja and I am a BioMed Student. I am a returning older student. I worked in the field of electronics since I was 19. USAF Veteran of 10 years. Worked for Intel for about 6 years got tried of it, then worked and electrician apprentice for 3 years injured my back so decided to return to school because I was not able to work.

Always enjoyed technology and hands on electronics troubleshooting and repair. As an apprentice I worked at VAMC helping with the new MRI installation (electrical panels and pulling cables etc), I joyed it, so when the opportunity came I took it. Now studying towards to an AS in Biomedical Engineering Technology after will take candidate status for certification and find work.

Although I have just over a year to complete before graduation, I believe it can never be to early to start.
Back to top Go down
benlotz12

PostSubject: Re: Introducing ourselves.   Introducing ourselves. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 5:42 pm

Hi,

My name is Ben Lotz, I am an Sheppard trained active US Army BMET currently deployed in Afghanistan. I have been in the field just about 6 yrs. I'm getting out the Army and moving back to Louisiana in OCT.

When I'm not deployed or on some crazy dumb detail in Ft Hood, I enjoy hunting, fishing, working on my truck, and hanging out with my awesome girlfriend. who I'm gonna ask to marry me when I get back in July.

60 days left...

Thanks for your time
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introducing ourselves.   Introducing ourselves. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Introducing ourselves.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CBET Study Forum :: Hello! And you are?-
Jump to: