CBET Study Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CBET Study Forum

Meeting the needs of today's Biomedical Equipment Technician, this forum was designed to give you refresher training on subjects that may be found on the CBET exam.

Main PortalMain Portal  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fun and unusual stories

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
tnagle

tnagle

Fun and unusual stories Empty
PostSubject: Fun and unusual stories   Fun and unusual stories Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 12:41 pm

We wanted to start this area so you all can post some funny, crazy or just flat out bizarre stories you have encountered as a BMET. Dont be shy, let it out.
Back to top Go down
tnagle

tnagle

PostSubject: Re: Fun and unusual stories   Fun and unusual stories Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 2:56 pm

Come on folks, don't be shy, anything here is great.
Back to top Go down
jnewell

jnewell

PostSubject: Re: Fun and unusual stories   Fun and unusual stories Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 2:51 pm

Ok....ok, since no one is willing to go first on this topic, then I guess that I'll just have to bite the bullet and spill my worst.
I was working on a very old Siemens Portable RO and had to replace the tubing. The tubing at the time was on backorder, so the Director and I decided to improvise and use tubing from a Steris 444 Washer. We hooked up the tubing and tested the unit, the radio was on so we started talking and bobbing our heads to the tune and didn't notice that tubing had began to inflate like a water balloon. When we turned to look at the machine, the tubing had expanded to the size of a grapefruit. It was bulging out of the machine and strained on the connecting ends. As we rushed to get things under control, leaks began and the race was on to turn off the water and get towels, mops, or whatever to get the water up before it became too messy. We worked fast and got it done, but the looks on our faces were priceless! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fun and unusual stories   Fun and unusual stories Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fun and unusual stories
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CBET Study Forum :: Tales of a BMET-
Jump to: